Cantaloupe and honeydew markets are elevated; supplies are extremely tight. Imports will continue to ship for the next three to four weeks.
- Offshore arrivals from Central America into the West Coast are very limited; the season will end by mid-May
- Offshore arrivals from Central America into the East Coast are also snug
- The season will run through late May
- Demand is strong
- Mexican new crop cantaloupes and honeydews are crossing into Nogales, Arizona
- Supplies are ramping up
- Honeydew prices are beginning to ease
- Florida Athena-variety cantaloupes are on the market; most are being sold locally due to limited shelf-life
- Arizona/California desert supplies are expected to start shipping later than normal this year due to cool weather
- Cantaloupes will hit the market the week of May 16
- Honeydews will become available the week of May 23
- Expect elevated prices and tight stocks on both coasts until domestic supplies ramp up in mid- to late May
Please contact your Markon customer service representative for more information.
©2022 Markon Cooperative, Inc. All rights reserved.