The Mexican and offshore melon seasons are underway; supplies are increasing.
- Production is focused on medium (12-count) and large (5-count) fruit
- Overall quality is good: softness is affecting some lots as recent warm weather in the growing region has accelerated growth
- Demand is moderate; supplies are forecast to remain adequate through the season
- Honeydew markets are expected to inch up over the next seven days; cantaloupe prices will remain steady
- Cantaloupe supplies are adequate; honeydew stocks are limited
- Quality is good:
- Cantaloupe supplies are dominated by 9-count fruit
- The crop is dominated by medium stocks, which is not ideal for foodservice
- 5-count honeydews will increase over the next two weeks
- Demand is moderate
- Markets are expected to remain steady to slightly higher
Please contact your Markon customer service representative for more information.
©2021 Markon Cooperative, Inc. All rights reserved.