Strong markets persist; strawberry plants are still recovering from last month’s heavy rainstorms in Oxnard and Santa Maria, California. Expect supplies to not meet demand through the rest of October.
- Volume is extremely tight
- Production will be completed by mid- to late October
- Quality is average
- Markon First Crop (MFC) Strawberries are available
- Volume is extremely tight as suppliers continue culling rain-damaged fruit
- Quality is good; green shoulders, soft fruit, and early decay have been reported
- Size currently ranges from small to medium (20 to 22 per one-pound clamshell)
- Expect extremely tight supplies and elevated markets into early November
- MFC Strawberries are available
- Volume is limited as the season ramps up
- Early season quality is good; vibrant color is being reported
- Size currently ranges from small to medium (18 to 20 per one-pound clamshell)
- Expect extremely tight supplies through early November as new crop slowly ramps up
Please contact your Markon customer service representative for more information.
©2022 Markon Cooperative, Inc. All rights reserved.