Demand far exceeds supply. Last month’s heavy rainstorms in Oxnard and Santa Maria, California have been more impactful on the strawberry crop than the early assessment revealed. Markon inspectors are predicting lower than normal volume through the month of November.
- Volume is extremely limited
- Production will be completed by mid- to late October
- Quality is average
- Markon First Crop (MFC) Strawberries are available
- Volume is extremely limited due to last months rainfall of 1.5 – 2”
- Supplies will not meet demand through most of November
- Quality will be average; green to white shoulders, soft fruit, and some early decay is being reported
- MFC Strawberries are available
- Volume is limited as the season is just beginning
- Early season quality is good; vibrant color is being reported
- Size currently ranges from small to medium (18 to 20 per one-pound clamshell)
- Expect a demand-exceeds-supply market through most of November
Please contact your Markon customer service representative for more information.
©2022 Markon Cooperative, Inc. All rights reserved.