Strawberry supplies are ample; demand is steady. Expect volume to decline in early July as the Salinas/Watsonville season will be past peak production.
- Markon First Crop Strawberries are available
- Volume is anticipated to climb as favorable weather is forecast
- Extended high temperatures could affect overall fruit quality
- Demand remains steady; no changes are expected over the next two weeks
- The season is at its peak; volume will decline through July, causing markets to rise
- Fields are entering the back half of the season
- Warm weather has increased stocks
- Fruit size is medium (18-20 per 1-pound clamshell)
- Quality is good: some green shoulders have been reported
- Supplies are extremely limited; most growers are finished harvesting for the season
- Remaining quality is fair at best
Please contact your Markon customer service representative for more information.
©2022 Markon Cooperative, Inc. All rights reserved.