Strawberry supplies are ample; demand is steady. Expect low prices for the next two to three weeks.
- Markon First Crop Strawberries are available
- Volume is anticipated to climb as favorable weather is forecast
- Temperatures have been in the 70 to 80 degree range
- The forecast calls for abnormally high temperatures through Sunday
- Extended high temperatures could affect overall fruit quality
- Quality is excellent: firm fruit with 90%-95% color
- Demand remains steady, but higher temperatures are expected this weekend which should aid growth
- Supplies are forecast to increase slightly over the next five to seven days
- Markets are poised to make a gradual decline
- Fields are entering the back half of the season
- Warm weather has increased stocks
- Fruit size is medium (18-20 per 1-pound clamshell)
- Quality is good: some green shoulders have been reported
- Supplies are extremely limited; most growers are finished for the season
- Remaining quality is fair at best
Please contact your Markon customer service representative for more information.
©2022 Markon Cooperative, Inc. All rights reserved.