Strawberry supplies are increasing. Demand is strong even after the Mother’s Day holiday. Expect steady markets for the next seven to ten days before prices inch down.
- Markon First Crop (MFC) Strawberries are available
- Volume will increase next week as favorable growing conditions are forecast
- Fruit size is large (14-18 per 1-pound clamshell)
- Quality is great: firm fruit with 90%-95% color
- Expect steady markets and ample supplies for the next seven to ten days
- MFC Strawberries are available
- Warm weather will increase stocks will increase next week
- Fruit size is medium (18-20 per 1-pound clamshell)
- Quality is good: some green shoulders have been reported
- Expect steady markets and sufficient supplies for the next seven to ten days
- Supplies are extremely limited; most growers have ended the season
- Quality is fair: bruising is being reported
- Most growers have transitioned to the Santa Maria and Watsonville/Salinas growing regions
Please contact your Markon customer service representative for more information.
©2022 Markon Cooperative, Inc. All rights reserved.