Strawberry supplies are increasing. Demand is strong due to the Mother’s Day holiday. Expect steady markets for the next seven to ten days.
Oxnard and Santa Maria
- Markon First Crop Strawberries are available
- Mother’s Day pull kicks off this week on April 24 and runs through May 7
- Volume is anticipated to increase this week as favorable growing weather is forecasted
- Quality is good: some green shoulders have been reported
- Expect steady markets and good supplies for the next seven to ten days
- Volume is increasing week over week with the seasons anticipated start date being second week of May
- Early season quality is good: good color and sizing being reported
Please contact your Markon customer service representative for more information.
©2022 Markon Cooperative, Inc. All rights reserved.