Markets are strengthening as the Salinas/Watsonville season winds down and growers transition to the Santa Maria region.
- Markon First Crop (MFC) Strawberries are available
- The spring/summer season continues to wind down
- Growers are culling poor-quality fruit caused by high temperatures
- Fruit size is small (20 to 24 berries per one-pound clamshell)
- Softness, bruising, and bleeding are occasional issues
- Fall stocks are increasing
- Supplies continue to increase with sufficient volume expected in the next 10-14 days
- Fruit size is larger with counts in the mid- to upper teens per one-pound clamshell
- Overall quality is firm with occasional white shoulders and misshapen berries
- Expect higher pricing for new crop berries
- MFC Strawberries are available
- Stocks continue to diminish as the season is past its peak
- Size currently ranges from small to medium (20- to 24-count per one-pound clamshell)
- Quality is good; some softness and early decay have been reported
Please contact your Markon customer service representative for more information.
©2023 Markon Cooperative, Inc. All rights reserved.