Markets are on an upward trend as lower yields and increased demand for the upcoming Labor Day holiday are pricing pushing higher. Markon recommends ordering for quick turns due to shorter shelf-life.
- Markon First Crop (MFC) Strawberries are available
- Fruit size is small (20 to 24 berries per one-pound clamshell)
- Increased humidity from the recent tropical storm is increasing softness, bruising, and occasional decay
- Spring crop production will wind down over the next two to three weeks
- Fall crop harvesting has started; supplies are minimal but expected to increase by mid-September; initial harvest will include inconsistent sizing, misshapen berries, and tart taste with low sugar levels
- MFC Strawberries are available
- Stocks continue to diminish as the season moves past its peak
- Size currently ranges from small to medium (18-to 22-count per one-pound clamshell)
- Quality is good; some soft fruit and early decay have been reported
- Humidity from recent tropical storm has growers culling more fruit
- Suppliers will begin transitioning to the Santa Maria growing region in mid-September
Please contact your Markon customer service representative for more information.
©2023 Markon Cooperative, Inc. All rights reserved.