Mild, dry weather has allowed growers to get the 2022 California strawberry season off to an early start.
- High temperatures and dry conditions have pushed all California growing areas ahead of schedule, including, Oxnard/Ventura County, Santa Maria, and Salinas/Watsonville
- Growers predict production will peak two to four weeks early, compared to past years (between late April and early May)
- The long-range Central Coast weather forecast indicates a dry, warmer-than-normal spring and summer
- Abundant supplies are expected
- A six percent increase in was acreage planted compared to 2021
- Labor and transportation may cause challenges
Please contact your Markon customer service representative for more information.
©2022 Markon Cooperative, Inc. All rights reserved.