California strawberry quality continues to recover after heavy rainfall in all California growing regions. Expect to see challenged quality and elevated markets for the next 7-10 days.
- Suppliers continue culling rain-damaged fruit, leading to slower production in all growing regions
- Quality concerns include soft skin, decay, white shoulders, and pin rot
- The industry is in a demand-exceeds-supply situation; expect prorates through the rest of this week
- Berry quality and crop volume will increase gradually over the next two to three weeks as plants recover
- Expect strong demand and elevated markets through the month of November
Please contact your Markon customer service representative for more information.
©2022 Markon Cooperative, Inc. All rights reserved.