Expect strawberry supplies to remain tight and markets elevated over the next two weeks as fields continue to recover from prior rainstorms.
- Supplies are extremely limited
- Remaining growers expect production to wrap up by mid- to late October
- Quality is average
- Markon First Crop (MFC) Strawberries are available
- Growers continue culling rain-damaged fruit, leading to lower yields
- Quality is good: some green shoulders and soft fruit have been reported
- Size currently ranges from small to medium (20 to 22 per one-pound clamshell)
- Expect tight supplies and elevated markets for next two weeks
- MFC Strawberries are available
- Volume is very low as the season is just starting
- Early season quality is good: vibrant color is being reported
- Size currently ranges from small to medium (18 to 20 per one-pound clamshell)
- Expect tight supplies for the next three weeks as new crop slowly ramps up
Please contact your Markon customer service representative for more information.
©2022 Markon Cooperative, Inc. All rights reserved.