Strawberry supplies are tightening; prices are poised to climb. Expect volume to continue declining in early July as the Salinas/Watsonville season moves past peak production.
- Markon First Crop Strawberries are available
- Stocks will diminish as the season moves past its peak
- High humidity is forecast for the next 7-10 days; fruit quality will be affected
- Expect markets to rise as production falls and demand strengthens
- Fields are entering the back half of the season
- Steady volume is anticipated as ideal growing weather is forecast
- Fruit size is medium/small (23-25 per 1-pound clamshell)
- High humidity could affect overall fruit quality for the next 7-10 days
- Supplies are extremely limited; most growers are finished harvesting for the season
- Quality is fair at best
Please contact your Markon customer service representative for more information.
©2022 Markon Cooperative, Inc. All rights reserved.