Strawberry supplies are tightening; demand is steady. Expect volume to continue declining in early July as the Salinas/Watsonville season moves past peak production.
- Markon First Crop Strawberries are available
- Volume is anticipated to decline starting next week as the season moves past its peak
- Quality will improve as lower temperatures are forecast this week
- Fruit size is medium (18-22 per 1-pound clamshell)
- Expect markets to rise as production falls
- Fields are entering the back half of the season
- Warm weather has increased stocks
- Fruit size is medium (18-20 per 1-pound clamshell)
- Quality is good: some green shoulders have been reported
- Supplies are extremely limited; most growers are finished harvesting for the season
- Remaining quality is fair at best
Please contact your Markon customer service representative for more information.
©2022 Markon Cooperative, Inc. All rights reserved.