California’s Valencia orange season has begin to ramp up into full production. Supplies of 88- through 163-count fruit are tight.
- Markon First Crop and Markon Essentials Valencia Oranges are available
- California Valencia supplies are available; quality is very good
- The crop is dominated by large sizes 48’s, 56’s and 72’s this season; as a result, small sizes 88’s, 113’s, 138’s and 163’s will remain snug through the 2022 season
- Valencia quality concerns include re-greening and softness due to above-normal temperatures
- The Valencia variety occasionally re-absorbs chlorophyll resulting in a green tint, but the fruit is still very ripe, sweet, and juicy
- Packinghouses will gas fruit between 24 and 56 hours to brighten color
- Sugar levels range from 12 to 13 Brix
Please contact your Markon customer service representative for more information.
©2022 Markon Cooperative, Inc. All rights reserved.