California orange growers are transitioning from the Navel to the Valencia variety. Supplies are dominated by large sizes (56- to 88-count packs). Prices are firm.
- California’s Navel season will wrap up over the next two weeks
- Remaining Navel stocks are dominated by 88-count and larger sizes
- Sugar levels range from 10 to 12 Brix
- Navels have a deeper orange color
- California’s Valencia harvest is underway and will run into October
- Expect stocks to be dominated by larger fruit (72- and 88-count sizes)
- Sugar levels range from 10.5 to 12 Brix
- Valencias vary from light to full color and will require greening in the summer months
Please contact your Markon customer service representative for more information.
©2022 Markon Cooperative, Inc. All rights reserved.