The California Navel orange season is winding down; prices are climbing.
- Remaining fruit is dominated by 88-count and larger sizes
- Supplies of smaller fruit (113- and 138-count packs) are tightening
- Quality is good: sugar levels range from 10 to 12 Brix
- Valencias may need to be substituted to cover smaller sizes for the next several weeks
- Offshore oranges from countries such as Chile, Peru, South Africa, Australia, Morocco, and Uruguay will be necessary to meet late summer and fall demand
- California’s Valencia harvest has begun in a limited manner; supplies will ramp up over the next three weeks and run into October
- Expect stocks to be dominated by large sizes (72- and 88-count fruit)
- Quality is good: sugar levels range from 10.5 to 11 Brix
Please contact your Markon customer service representative for more information.
©2022 Markon Cooperative, Inc. All rights reserved.