The California Navel orange season is underway; quality is excellent. Lemons are ramping up in both the San Joaquin Valley and the Arizona/California desert regions.
- The crop is dominated by 88-, 113-, and 138-count sizes
- Expect small sizes to come off slightly in price and larger size fruit will stay firm
- Groves being harvested now are flush with Fancy grade fruit; choice grade stocks are light
- Cool nights are enhancing the orange color, gas times range from 72-96 hours, but are dropping by the week
- Sugar levels are 11.5 to 12 Brix, with high acid
- The crop is dominated by 140- and 200-count sizes
- Fancy grade fruit is beginning to outweigh choice grade stocks
- Expecting markets to remain steady
- Quality is excellent
Please contact your Markon customer service representative for more information.
©2021 Markon Cooperative, Inc. All rights reserved.