California’s San Joaquin Valley and Southern California citrus growing districts are forecast to receive a series of rain events starting Wednesday, November 15 through Friday November 17. Expect harvesting delays, tight supplies, and higher markets next week.
- Markon First Crop (MFC) and Markon Essentials (ESS) Lemons and Oranges are available
- Growers cannot harvest fruit when orchards are wet
- If picked when wet, the rind will break down and discoloration will develop
- Mud and standing water may limit crews’ ability to get equipment into orchards
- Markon has requested that suppliers pack ahead of this rain event
- Current quality is excellent and supplies are adequate
Please contact your Markon customer service representative for more information.
©2023 Markon Cooperative, Inc. All rights reserved.