California’s San Joaquin Valley will receive a series of rain events starting Thursday, December 23 and continuing through Wednesday December 29. Expect harvesting delays, tight supplies, and higher markets into next week.
- Markon First Crop and Markon Essentials Lemons and Oranges are available
- Growers cannot harvest fruit when orchards are wet
- If picked when wet, the rind will break down and discoloration will develop
- Mud and standing water may limit crews’ ability to get equipment into orchards
- Markon has requested that suppliers pack next week’s orders today and through the weekend to get ahead of this rain event
- Current quality is excellent and supplies are adequate
- Navel orange gas times have fallen to 24-48 hours
Please contact your Markon customer service representative for more information.
©2021 Markon Cooperative, Inc. All rights reserved.