Supplies are limited due to inconsistent weather patterns in the Salinas Valley.
- High temperatures earlier in the season damaged younger plantings
- Recent cooler weather has hindered growth
- Overall quality is good; however, worm damage is reducing harvestable yields at the field level
- Size profile is small as growers are roughly 7 to 10 days ahead of harvest schedule; additionally, growers are harvesting fields earlier to minimize insect pressure
- Expect elevated markets and tight supplies for the duration of the Salinas season; the Arizona/California Desert season will begin in mid- to late November
Please contact your Markon customer service representative for more information.
©2021 Markon Cooperative, Inc. All rights reserved.