Brussels sprout supplies are limited.
- Temperatures are elevated in Mexicali, Mexico
- Highs are forecast in the mid-90s to upper 100s through the rest of May
- Stalk and sprout growth will be limited as a result of the extremely high temperatures
- Size is dominated by small and medium sprouts; jumbo sizes are limited
- Domestic sprouts are currently being harvested in Santa Maria, California
- The Oxnard season is starting this week
- Salinas Valley harvests will follow in early to mid-June
- Prices are expected to remain elevated until Salinas Valley supplies are able to sufficiently meet demand
Please contact your Markon customer service representative for more information.
©2022 Markon Cooperative, Inc. All rights reserved.