The Brussels sprouts market continues to ease.
- Temperatures have been favorable in Mexicali, Mexico, promoting stalk and sprout growth
- A slight cold trend with highs in the low to mid-60s and evening temperatures in the mid- to upper 30s is forecast through the rest of the week
- Next week’s weather is forecast in the mid- to upper 70s with evening temperatures in the mid- to upper 40s
- Size is dominated by small and medium sprouts; however, jumbo-size stocks are increasing
- Overall quality is very good: discoloration and early breakdown are minimal
- Expect markets to continue declining over the next 10 to 14 days, despite the cold weather forecast for the balance of this week
Please contact your Markon customer service representative for more information.
©2022 Markon Cooperative, Inc. All rights reserved.