Brussels sprouts prices are easing as supplies increase in Mexicali, Mexico.
- Temperatures have been favorable over the past two weeks in Mexicali, Mexico, promoting stalk and sprout growth
- A limited supply of sprouts are being harvested in Salinas and Santa Maria, California
- Some domestic production is also occurring in the Arizona and California desert regions
- Size is dominated by small and medium sprouts; jumbo-size stocks remain tight but are starting to become more readily available
- Overall quality is very good: discoloration and early breakdown are not as prevalent as compared to prior weeks
- Expect markets to continue declining over the next 10 to 14 days
Please contact your Markon customer service representative for more information.
©2022 Markon Cooperative, Inc. All rights reserved.