Brussels sprouts remain extremely limited due to continued weather challenges in all growing regions.
- Salinas and Santa Maria, California have experienced considerable consistent rainfall during the month of December, ranging from 3 to 5” in total
- Cold weather in the low to mid- 60s persist in Mexicali, Mexico, limiting stalk and sprout growth
- The current size profile is dominated by small and medium; jumbo size stocks remain extremely tight
- Overall quality is good: discoloration and early breakdown due to rain are occasional issues
- Expect elevated markets through January
Please contact your Markon customer service representative for more information.
©2021 Markon Cooperative, Inc. All rights reserved.