Domestic Brussels sprout volume is rising, although demand still far exceeds available supply.
- Markon First Crop (MFC) and Ready-Set-Serve (RSS) Brussels Sprouts are extremely limited; packer label is being substituted to fill orders
- Late-season quality issues are tightening Mexican stocks while scattered rains are hampering harvests
- Moderate production is ongoing in Oxnard, California
- Most Salinas Valley fields are well behind schedule due to cooler weather during the spring planting period; small sprouts dominate availability as growers must harvest immature fields to fill orders
- Expect elevated markets and limited supplies to persist until Salinas production ramps towards the end of July
Please contact your Markon customer service representative for more information.
©2023 Markon Cooperative, Inc. All rights reserved.