Although the Brussels sprouts market is elevated, it’s starting to inch down as domestic supplies increase.
- Markon First Crop (MFC) and Ready-Set-Serve (RSS) Brussels Sprouts are available
- Late-season quality issues, including yellowing/off color, bolting, and insect pressure, continue to hinder yields in Mexico
- The size profile remains skewed to smaller sprouts, as growers harvest immature fields; jumbo-size sprouts are limited
- Production is ongoing in Oxnard, California; The Salinas season will begin in July
- Expect elevated markets to persist through mid-July, at minimum, until Salinas production ramps up
Please contact your Markon customer service representative for more information.
©2023 Markon Cooperative, Inc. All rights reserved.