The Brussels sprouts market is active due to strong demand and limited supplies.
- Salinas and Santa Maria are the primary growing regions
- Some growers have started harvesting in Mexico but the majority of production is delayed until the week of December 20 due to cold weather
- Current size profile is dominated by small and medium; jumbo sizes are extremely limited
- Overall quality is good: insect damage and discoloration are present in some lots
- Expect elevated prices to continue for the next two to three weeks until holiday demand subsides and Mexican volume ramps up
Please contact your Markon customer service representative for more information.
©2021 Markon Cooperative, Inc. All rights reserved.