The market is elevated. Mexico is the primary growing region this time of year; supplies have decreased significantly.
- Markon First Crop (MFC) and Ready-Set-Serve (RSS) Brussels Sprouts are extremely limited; packer label is being substituted as needed
- Late-season quality issues, including yellowing/off color, bolting, and higher insect pressure, have significantly reduced yields in Mexico
- Size profile is skewed to smaller sprouts as growers must harvest immature fields to meet current demand
- Product will continue to cross from Mexico until California production begins
- The Oxnard start date has been delayed from early May to late May
- Salinas Valley production is expected to begin early to mid-July
- Expect firm markets and tight supplies for the next 14-21 days as demand remains strong and production is in transition
Please contact your Markon customer service representative for more information.
©2023 Markon Cooperative, Inc. All rights reserved.