The market is elevated. Mexico is the primary growing region this time of year; supplies have decreased significantly. MFC and RSS Brussels Sprouts are extremely limited; packer label is being substituted.
- Late-season quality issues, including yellowing/off color, bolting, and higher insect pressure, have significantly reduced yields in Mexico
- Product will continue to cross from Mexico until California production begins
- The Oxnard start date has been pushed from early May to the end of the month as the cold winter limited growth
- Salinas Valley production is slated to begin in July but could also be delayed one to two weeks if there isn’t a significant warming trend
- Expect firm markets and tight supplies for the next 14-21 days as demand remains strong and production is in transition
Please contact your Markon customer service representative for more information.
©2023 Markon Cooperative, Inc. All rights reserved.