The market is rising; supplies crossing through U.S.-Mexican border have decreased and seasonal/Easter demand is strong.
- Labor shortages and increased border inspections have created an artificial shortfall in the market
- Holy week and Easter will decrease harvesting crews and customs personnel availability
- Current size profile is skewed towards larger sizes, increasing prices for regular/medium packs
- Overall quality is strong; insect pressure and off color are occasional issues
- Product will continue to cross from Mexico until California production begins in Oxnard in May followed by Salinas in July
- Expect stronger markets for the next 7-10 days as demand rises
Please contact your Markon customer service representative for more information.
©2023 Markon Cooperative, Inc. All rights reserved.