Broccoli markets are elevated due to limited supplies from multiple growing regions.
Salinas Valley and Santa Maria, California
- Markon First Crop (MFC) Broccoli is available in Salinas, California
- The current quality is excellent; however, yields are lower than prior weeks due to inconsistent weather patterns
- Demand is strong; prices are expected to maintain high levels into next week
Mexican Broccoli Crossing into South Texas
- MFC Broccoli is available loading in Pharr, Texas
- Industry supplies will be tight over the next 7-10 days following recent heavy rainfall
- Demand for Mexican products is stronger
- East Coast supplies have decreased
- West Coast yields are lower
- Expect higher prices over the next 7-10 days
Please contact your Markon customer service representative for more information.
©2021 Markon Cooperative, Inc. All rights reserved.