Broccoli prices have risen due to tight supplies from multiple growing regions.
Salinas Valley and Santa Maria
- Markon First Crop Broccoli is available
- Stocks are expected to remain tight over the next several weeks
- Cool weather is forecast to slow growth, resulting in fewer available supplies over the next two weeks
- Expect elevated markets through October
Mexican Broccoli (Crossing into South Texas)
- Stocks will be very limited over the next several weeks
- Heavy rain has reduced yields in the primary growing region
- Demand is extremely strong out of this region due to the freight savings (compared to ordering from California)
- Expect high prices to persist through October
Please contact your Markon customer service representative for more information.
©2021 Markon Cooperative, Inc. All rights reserved.