Broccoli and cauliflower prices remain elevated due to limited supplies in the Salinas and Santa Maria Valleys.
Salinas Valley and Santa Maria
- Stocks are forecast to remain tight heading into the desert growing region transition
- Most growers will begin broccoli and cauliflower harvests in the desert growing regions the week of November 15
- Due to inconsistent weather, growth has slowed considerably
- Expect markets to remain high through this seasonal transition
Mexican Broccoli (Crossing into South Texas)
- Supplies have increased out of the growing region in Central Mexico
- Demand for Mexican product is strong due to freight and price savings
- Expect pricing as much as $8-$9 cheaper compared to West Coast pricing
Please contact your Markon customer service representative for more information.
©2021 Markon Cooperative, Inc. All rights reserved.