Supplies have tightened in multiple growing regions, increasing broccoli and cauliflower prices.
- Markon First Crop Broccoli and Markon Essentials Cauliflower will be limited over the next two weeks; packer label will be substituted, to fill orders
- Supplies are expected to remain tight over the next two weeks
- Cool weather has slowed growth over the last few weeks in the Salinas and Santa Maria growing region, resulting in fewer available supplies
- The Arizona/California desert growing region start is delayed, leading to overall lower industry supplies
- Mexican-grown broccoli volume (loading out of South Texas) has been reduced by heavy rains in the primary growing region
- Expect elevated markets through the next two weeks
Please contact your Markon customer service representative for more information.
©2021 Markon Cooperative, Inc. All rights reserved.