Broccoli and cauliflower prices continue to rise due to tight supplies in multiple growing regions.
- Markon First Crop (MFC) Broccoli is available
- Expect prices to remain elevated over the next 10 to 14 days
- Yields have decreased due to cooler weather
- Overall quality is good: pin rot is occasionally affecting some lots
- Most growers will begin broccoli harvests in the desert growing regions the week of November 15
Mexican Broccoli (Crossing into South Texas)
- Supplies will be limited due to rain brought on by Hurricane Rick
- Expect prices to climb over the next 7 to 10 days as yields continue to decrease
- Demand for Mexican product is stronger due to low volume in other growing regions
- Markon Essentials Cauliflower is available
- Recent cool weather has slowed growth, resulting in fewer available supplies
- Expect good quality with great color and ideal size
- Elevated markets are forecast for the next 10 to 14 days
- Most growers will start cauliflower harvests in the desert growing regions the week of November 15
Please contact your Markon customer service representative for more information.
©2021 Markon Cooperative, Inc. All rights reserved.