Broccoli and cauliflower prices continue to rise due to reduced supplies in multiple growing regions.
- Markon First Crop (MFC) Broccoli is available
- Expect prices to climb over the next 10 to 14 days as yields decrease
- Overall quality is good: pin rot is occasionally affecting some lots
- Demand is strong; markets are expected to maintain elevated levels over the next 10 to 14 days
Mexican Broccoli (Crossing into South Texas)
- Supplies will be limited over the next 10 to 14 days due to high temperatures and sporadic showers
- Demand for Mexican product is stronger due to low volume in other growing regions
- South Texas broccoli is expected to be $2.00 to $3.00 cheaper than product from the West Coast
- Markon Essentials Cauliflower is available
- Recent cool weather has slowed growth, resulting in fewer available supplies
- Expect good quality with great color and ideal size
- Elevated markets are forecast for the next 10 to 14 days
Please contact your Markon customer service representative for more information.
©2021 Markon Cooperative, Inc. All rights reserved.