- Markon First Crop Broccoli is available in Salinas, California
- Markets have peaked and are starting to ease
- Recent widespread quality issues, such as pin rot, are prevalent in multiple growing regions
- Markon Best Available Broccoli is being shipped into South Texas; the quality of Central Mexican broccoli (shipped into South Texas) has improved, but insect pressure persists
- The overall market is softening due to a drop in demand; expect relatively elevated prices as growers continue to selectively harvest
- Expect better quality and lower markets when desert supplies begin shipping in mid- to late November
- Markon Essentials Cauliflower is available in Salinas, California
- Supplies are increasing but remain tight as growers work through quality-challenged fields
- Quality is weak: pest and disease pressure are causing off-color and brown spotting
- Despite challenges, markets will continue declining over the next five to seven days
- Quality is forecast to improve
- Demand is weakening
Please contact your Markon customer service representative for more information.
©2022 Markon Cooperative, Inc. All rights reserved.