- Markon First Crop Broccoli is readily available
- Supplies are ample in multiple growing regions, keeping markets low and demand moderate
- Production is underway in Salinas; the Arizona and California desert seasons will end by mid-April
- Quality is very good: color and size are consistent
- Expect prices to remain steady; no supply gaps or observed threats to quality are forecast
- Markon Essentials Cauliflower is sporadic; packer label is being substituted as needed
- Volume remains low, keeping prices elevated
- Expect markets to ease when the Salinas, California season ramps up
- New crop maturation has been delayed due to cool weather
- Production will increase this week as Salinas Valley highs are in the 70s (with lows in the mid- to high 40s)
- Quality is very good: head size is consistent
- Expect markets to continue tapering down as supplies increase in the Salinas Valley
Please contact your Markon customer service representative for more information.
©2022 Markon Cooperative, Inc. All rights reserved.