Markets are elevated; production is winding down in Arizona/California desert and Central Mexico regions. Markon First Crop Broccoli is extremely limited; packer label is being substituted as needed.
- Demand for domestic broccoli is strong as Mexican volume has dropped
- Cool evening weather has prevented Salinas Valley new crop stocks from reaching head size potential
- Quality has taken a downturn in the desert growing regions; head size inconsistency, long stems, and extra leaf material after trimming are issues
- Overall industry supplies are adequate to meet demand, but will become tighter
- Expect elevated prices through the end of seasonal transition to the Salinas and Santa Maria Valleys (late April)
Please contact your Markon customer service representative for more information.
©2022 Markon Cooperative, Inc. All rights reserved.