Markon First Crop (MFC) Broccoli Crowns are available in Yuma, Arizona; Markon Best Available (MBA) is being substituted in South Texas.
California – Salinas and Santa Maria
- Brown bead, small size, and yellowing are the chief quality concerns as the final acres of the season are harvested
- Prices are easing as growers are finishing final harvests before moving to more arid desert climates
Arizona/California Desert – Yuma, Imperial, and Coachella
- Large-scale production has begun; new crop quality is strong
- Prices are slightly elevated as compared to the Salinas and Santa Maria markets
Mexico (into South Texas)
- MBA is being packed due to the heavy presence of hollow core, but overall crown quality is good
- Mexican product remains available in South Texas at lower FOB markets; expect a wide price spread between the West Coast and South Texas through mid- to late December
- Steady supplies and relatively stable markets are forecast for the next two to four weeks
Please contact your Markon customer service representative for more information.
©2023 Markon Cooperative, Inc. All rights reserved.