Broccoli supplies are increasing quickly in the Salinas and Santa Maria Valleys, as transition from the Arizona/California desert is nearly finished.
- Markon First Crop (MFC) Broccoli is available in Salinas and South Texas loading locations
- Recent favorable weather has helped broccoli size increase after West Coast regions started behind schedule due to:
- Cold weather slowing maturity after germination
- Delayed plantings due to winter flooding
- Expect prices to continue to ease through mid-May
- Mexican stocks are available in South Texas at a lower FOB price than in California
- Overall quality in all regions is strong, with consistent head size, good color, and minimal defects
Please contact your Markon customer service representative for more information.
©2023 Markon Cooperative, Inc. All rights reserved.