Industry supplies will not sufficiently meet demand through the month of April. Expect elevated prices through next month.
Yuma, Arizona/Imperial and Santa Maria Valleys, California
- Markon First Crop (MFC) Broccoli is available in Yuma, Arizona; packer label is being substituted as needed to fill orders.
- Supplies are beginning to diminish in the desert; decreased quality has reduced yields at the field level, driving prices higher
- Production in Santa Maria is expected to be delayed by two to three weeks due to heavy rains, flooding, and cool weather
- Many Salinas growers are preparing for a five to seven day harvesting gap in early to mid-April
Mexico (into South Texas)
- MFC Broccoli is available
- Prices are volatile but lower this week as weather conditions have been moderate
- Demand is strong
- Quality is very good; some mechanical damage has been noted along with occasional mildew
Please contact your Markon customer service representative for more information.
©2023 Markon Cooperative, Inc. All rights reserved