Broccoli prices are rising.
- Brown bead, dehydration, hollow core, and yellow shading are present in some lots, reducing harvestable yields
- Demand for West Coast broccoli is strong overall, though slightly down
- Quality challenges and lower yields from Central Mexico (shipped into South Texas) persist; MFC Broccoli is not available and packer label is being substituted to fill orders
- Rain continues to impact the Central Mexico growing regions
- Insect pressure is reduced compared to prior weeks but is still being detected in some lots; insect presence is being monitored closely by harvesting crews and packing facilities
Please contact your Markon customer service representative for more information.
©2022 Markon Cooperative, Inc. All rights reserved.