Broccoli markets are rising. Markon First Crop Broccoli is available; Markon Best Available is being packed where necessary due to quality concerns.
- Abnormally high temperatures continue to hamper Central Mexican growing regions and challenge quality
- Issues like brown bead, yellow bead (shading), bracketed structure, hollow core and pest pressure are a concern this time of year
- Increased observance of insects and insect larvae out of Mexico are of special concern and being monitored closely
- Demand for West Coast broccoli is strong; poor quality and lower yields from Mexico are driving the market upwards
- Regional deals are winding down as summer ends, further increasing demand in the Salinas and Santa Maria Valleys
- Overall industry supplies are adequate, but will become tighter through early September
Please contact your Markon customer service representative for more information.
©2022 Markon Cooperative, Inc. All rights reserved.