Blueberry supplies continue to be extremely limited as domestic production ends and import volume is delayed. Expect elevated markets and limited supplies for the next four to six weeks.
United States and Canada
- Oregon growers are winding down rapidly with minimal volume of organic fruit
- British Columbia, Canada harvest will end this week; cool weather and rain has slowed production
- The new crop season is getting a slow start
- Baja volume is slowly increasing; consistent rain has delayed harvests
- Adequate stocks aren’t expected until October
- Shipments are slowly arriving in the U.S.
- El Nino conditions have raised temperatures and caused poor fruit set
- Consistent volume is not expected until mid-October
Argentina and Uruguay
- Argentina and Uruguay shipments are expected to arrive in Miami, Florida and Los Angeles, California in mid- to late October
Please contact your Markon customer service representative for more information.
©2023 Markon Cooperative, Inc. All rights reserved.