Blueberry supplies are becoming extremely limited, as domestic production ends and import volume is delayed. Elevated markets and limited supplies for the next four to six weeks.
- The Michigan and Washington seasons have both ended
- Oregon growers are winding down rapidly with minimal volume of organic fruit
- British Columbia, Canada harvests will end in approximately 10-14 days; cool weather and rain have slowed production
- The new crop season is getting a slow start
- Baja volume is slowly increasing; consistent rain has delayed harvests
- Adequate stocks aren’t expected until October
- Shipments are slowly arriving into the U.S.
- El Nino conditions have raised temperatures and caused poor fruit set
- Consistent volume is not expected until mid-October
- Argentina and Uruguay shipments are expected to arrival into Miami, Florida and Los Angeles, California in mid- to late October
Please contact your Markon customer service representative for more information.
©2023 Markon Cooperative, Inc. All rights reserved.