Blackberry supplies are extremely limited due to fair quality.
- Supplies will remain scarce through next week
- Quality is fair with some berries exhibiting softness, bleeding, and red cell
- The fall Watsonville, California season is off to a very slow start due to lower-than-normal temperatures
- Volume is expected to increase in Santa Maria, California over the next 10-14 days
- Pacific Northwest stocks are tight but will increase by mid-August to help supplement California shortages
- Improved quality and more abundant supplies are expected by August 21
Please contact your Markon customer service representative for more information.
©2023 Markon Cooperative, Inc. All rights reserved.