Bell peppers are transitioning to fall crops and new regions in the East. Prices are rising.
- Markon First Crop and Markon Essentials Green Bell Peppers are available
- California’s growing regions volume is light as they transition to fall production blocks
- XL sizes are limited; quality is very good
- The East Coast will have lighter supplies as production transitions to Georgia and the Carolinas over the next one to two weeks
- New Jersey, New York, Ohio, and Michigan harvest areas are tight; quality is average in the more mature fields
- Many local deals have finished due to end of the season and/or previous weather affecting production and quality
- Central Mexico summer season crossing into South Texas is slowing down; quality is good, and all sizes are available
- Expect markets to increase
- Markon First Crop and Markon Essentials Red Bell Peppers are available
- California supplies are lower overall due to increased demand
- Quality is excellent; thick walls and good color
- Canadian greenhouse supply is lighter due to weather (overcast/rain); XL size is limited
- Central Mexico greenhouse peppers crossing into South Texas have new crops and excellent quality
- East Coast volume is tight; prices are elevated
- Markets are expected to increase slightly
Please contact your Markon customer service representative for more information.
©2021 Markon Cooperative, Inc. All rights reserved.